[il-talk] something to think about

Rob rcubfank at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 10 04:33:31 UTC 2013

It was a great talk from Pam today. I want to expound on the thought I gave on the experience I had in Littlerock last year:
As I told you all, the people in housing just dumped me in the ER. I was unable to reach my mom by cell phone, and I was on my cell phon with my care giver in Socal. Unfortunately, my batterly was running low. I had to get my charger. NOTE: if you are ever in a blind facility, make sure you have a second emergency contact in your file that can talk to the people to ask for any assistance. My care giver, Julie had to call housing at Lions World in Littlerock and pull teath to get them to bring my phone charger to me at the hospital. With out it, I would have been up the paddle without a creek. As you may or may not know, hospital lphones are put so far away from the bed that a patient cannot reach them. Also, you can’t make long distance calls from them. This way, I wouldn’t have been able to call mom in Chicago to tell her that I was in the hospital. I think that Julie would have called mom and told her that I was in the hospital, but  mom would not have been able to reach me to talk to me to find out how I was without a cell phone.

This is just something to think about.