[il-talk] FYI

Rob Kaiser rcubfank at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 1 19:48:31 UTC 2013

Hello all:

I know I am no longer in Illinois. I'm in Southern California, but I feel I
need to put my two cents in:

After reading the post from Lesslie, this sounds like it very well could be
a blindness issue. It is important for us to know who is out there who can
best assist us in different matters especially legal ones.

I am running into a situation that occurred while I was vissiting my mom in
Chicago in 2011. My aunt just died two months before. The doorbell rang, and
my mom said "The attorney is here for you to sign some papers." Because mom
is so intimmidating, I allowed myself to sign papers, some of which allow my
mom to declare me incommpetent (sorry for the possible wrong spellling.) I
am now trying to work with someone here in Socal to get matters resolved
including getting controll of my own funds.

If these papers (the trust, poa, will and dourible poa) had been propperly
read to me, I wouldn't have signed them.

We, as blind people need to know who is out there and who is willing to work
with us on important (legal) matters.

Sorry for getting on my soap box.