[il-talk] Soliciting on Il-Talk

Glenn Moore III glennmooreiii at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 3 10:19:40 UTC 2013

That's posible Edwin, but I would imagine they are sticking more because of a slight difference in shape. the tip is kindof like a flat disc, if the edge of the disc is more sharply contoured or if there is a smaller  surface that sits flat on the sidewalk, then it would likely catch more on textures in the sidewalk,
or, if the tip is smaller around, it may catch more, which also would explain why it lasts longer, basically, the tip is sharper, so to speak, because it is not as big, and when it impacts a flaw in the sidewalk surface, it receives the force more directly in the center of the cane, rather than the force being leveraged farther away from the center of the cane (which puts more stress on the tip and could cause it to break, essentially, the old tip cushiones the impact on your hand and your cane, by taking the force itself)
I will bet you a dollar, the new tip is not as big around as your old tip.
-Glenn III

 Hi all,
 A different thread.
 I use NFB canes that includes the new folding cane which I
 love, the fifty,
 fifty and the long white cane.  I change them the way I
 would change my
 shoes depending on where I am going.  I preface this
 thought because I
 notice my canes don't have the smooth glide they had before
 even though I am
 tapping left to right they seem to be sticking to
 surfaces.  My conclusion
 is that it must be a difference in the material of the tip
 even though it is
 still metal.  Am I the only one with this
 problem?  I notice the new tips
 are lasting me a longer period of time which is why I am
 thinking it is a
 different matterial, am I imagining things in my old age?
 laughing out loud.
 Edwin