[il-talk] Fwd: 2013 Blackhawk Chapter Update

pattichang at att.net pattichang at att.net
Tue Nov 5 18:46:34 UTC 2013

Patti S. Gregory-Chang
NFBI President
NFB Scholarship Comm. Chair
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lmm3527 at aol.com
Date: November 5, 2013 at 12:44:28 PM CST
To: pattichang at att.net
Cc: lmm3527 at aol.com
Subject: 2013 Blackhawk Chapter Update

Patti,

I am sending this again because several topics at the end were not included in the cut and paste.

Blackhawk Chapter 2013

Fundraising
Fundraising throughout the year included two 50/50 raffles, one held in May at our luncheon at Bennigan’s, and one held at our Christmas Party.  Our largest fundraiser is Birdies for Charity which takes place April - July.  Community Days is held in November at Younkers, SouthPark Mall

Activities
Activities included the annual Christmas Party at Christ United Methodist Church, luncheon at Bennigan’s Restaurant in May, an evening enjoying a performance at the Music Guild, and a Bingo/pizza party after a chapter meeting.

Deaths
November 8, 2012 – Ruby Blanchard

Amended Chapter Constitution
This year the chapter amended its constitution.  In doing so officers and board members will now serve a two-year term.

Conventions & Seminars
The chapter provided assistance to state and national conventions as well as the Washington Seminar.

Monthly newsletter
HAWK TALK, the chapter newsletter, continues its monthly publication.

Grant
Funding to purchase technology for a chapter member was approved through a local grant.

Stepping Out
Stepping Out, a local transition program for junior and senior high students, was formed and three meetings were held throughout the year.

Cane bank
The chapter has distributed thirteen canes throughout the year to those in need of a cane.

Speakers/presentations
Speakers at chapter meetings included presentations on accessible technology .

Low Vision Expo
The chapter participated in a Low Vision Expo in early May at the I Wireless Convention Center in Moline where literature was distributed.