[il-talk] another medical update

Rob Kaiser rcubfank at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 7 08:12:14 UTC 2013

Hello all:

Unfortunately, I am having more leg issues.

I waited to post this because after reading the news about Leslie, I felt that my issu was nothing compared to what she was going through.

As some of you know, the leg pain has come back in earnest. Along with that, I have had an infection for the past month that just won’t heal.

St. Joseph Hospital home health has been senging a nurse every other day to do wound care. Unfortunately, for the past two days the leg pain has been a seven or eight out of ten. When I take my pain med (Nucynta) a very strong med, I only get about two hours of some relief. The doctor (my neuro surgeon) is switching my med to Oxicodon. I should be able to get it tomorrow as I can’t stand this intense pain.

Through all of  this, I am still going to have my first Orange County Chapter of the nfb meeting this Saturday morning as there have been many people that are going to attend including possibly someone from our California state board.

Rob Kaiser, President National Federation of the Blind of California Orange County Chapter
Cell#(847)989-0768
email;
rcubfank at sbcglobal.net