[il-talk] Making the Team

Lmm3527 at aol.com Lmm3527 at aol.com
Wed Nov 27 03:54:36 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I want to share some good news regarding a Blackhawk Chapter  member...

Mark Clayburne, Jr., a sophomore at Bettendorf High School, tried  out for
the bowling team and was selected to represent the school at its  meets.
The first meet was held last evening in which Bettendorf won!   Mark earned
his spot on the team -- he wasn't given any special treatment.   His good
sportsmanship, friendliness, respect for others, and bowling ability  are what
the coach took into consideration when he chose Mark.  Blindness  was no
factor in the decision.  We're proud of you, Mark!  Strike on  out!

Lois Montgomery