[il-talk] Chicago Read-a-Thon

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Fri Oct 4 13:59:23 UTC 2013

As Dave Meyer's computer has died and seems beyond resurrection, he asked me
to post a reminder about the Chicago Chapter Read-a-Thon being held on
October 12.  The Read-a-Thon will be our Meet the Blind Month event, and
will take the place of the regular chapter meeting.  Bring your own reading
matter, whether Braille or print, and read from one to four.  Before the
event takes place, solicit pledges from your friends and relations.  You may
seek pledges of a particular amount per page, or collect a donation
outright.  This will be a fun event, and it's a great way to spread the word
about literacy and Braille.

Debbie