[il-talk] Apt. Recs for a Newbie

Nicholas Robertson robertson.nicholas at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 15 16:14:48 UTC 2013

Hello,

I've met a few of you at the July Chicago Chapter meeting, and some others on the August At-Large Chapter call.  That being said, greetings from Maryland.  I am ready to be back in Chicagoland!  However, I am currently without perminant residence in the area.

A little background, I work at Hines and take the blue line into work on a daily basis.  After doing some research and seeking suggestions I believe that the Forest Park area would be a great starting point in terms of settling down.  I have been told that this area offers reasonably priced living with a plethora of opportunities to create a nice social life (i.e. shops, eateries, ect.).

I have come across two listings that seem logical, but admit I am unfamiliar with the lay of the land.  One is on West Harrison near a mall, baseball fields, and tennis courts.  This is only a block from blue line transit.  The other is on Harlem 8th.  The listing gives little description.

My goal is to return to Chicagoland to an apartment in the middle of October.  Any feedback regarding neighborhoods and location would be a great help.  Please feel free to respond in thread or off line with any suggestions or tips.  Thanks for the help!

Nicholas S. Robertson, MBA
Mayor of Barnes City
Phone: 641.660.2475
Email: robertson.nicholas at hotmail.com