[il-talk] Legislative Alert! Please Contact our Senators

Rose Sloan rosesloan920 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 21:44:09 UTC 2013

Fellow Federationists:

       I am writing you on behalf of Jesse Hartle.  He has provided the
legislative directors with an update on our efforts to expand the Space
Available program to those individuals who have become one-hundred percent
disabled as a result of their military service to the United States.  As
you know, the House included our language, HR 164, in its version of the
National Defense Authorization Act, which was passed in June.  We are still
waiting for the Senate to consider its version of the defense bill at this
time.

Senator Tester of Montana, the Sponsor of S. 346, has told us that he plans
to offer S. 346 as an amendment when the Senate begins to consider the
defense bill.  Jesse and I are asking you to contact Senators Durbin and
Kirk and urge them to join as a cosponsor of S. 346; building additional
cosponsor support will signal to Senate leadership that this legislation
should be considered as part of the Defense Authorization Act.

Currently S. 346 has eighteen cosponsors.  Senators Kirk and Durbin are not
yet cosponsors.  Below you will find the contact info for the Senators.
Please contact the listed staff person, and urge them to join in support of
disabled veterans.

Thank you very much for the work you have done on this issue to this
point.  We are very close to achieving this legislative priority, and one
final Federation push should get us there

Rose

Durbin, Richard.

Legislative Assistant: Rob Leonard, 202-224-2152

Kirk, Mark.

Military Legislative Assistant: Brandon Greene, 202-224-2854