[il-talk] Only 2 and a half weeks before we have fun and provide lots of help

Ray Campbell ray1530 at wowway.com
Tue Apr 8 18:14:16 UTC 2014

How wonderful would it be to enjoy a late Saturday afternoon out, listening
to good music while at the same time bringing the joy of reading to children
living with visual impairments?  How cool it would be to enjoy a little good
food and drink, while helping a deserving student who is blind achieve their
dreams.

You say, there's no way I can listen to good music, enjoy good food and
drink while helping.  I say, you're wrong, and the proof is only 2 and a
half weeks away!  Join the Illinois Council of the Blind for its Spring
Fling fundraiser on Saturday, April 26 from 4-9 p.m. at the renowned 115
Bourbon Street, 3359 W. 115th Street in Merrionette Park, Illinois.  Enjoy
the Rockin' tunes of Blind Reflexx while enjoying a sumptuous food buffet,
along with beer, wine and soft drinks.

How much for all this good music, food and drink?  Just $35 per person ages
21 and over, $15 for children and young adults ages 6-20 with those 5 and
under admitted free.  Additionally, if you want to come to the event and
help out as a voluntteer, your ticket would only be $15.

But, there's more.  In addition to the music, food and fun, we'll have a
silent auction with lots of wonderful things to bid on from gift cards to
baskets, from Irish Whiskey to sporting event tickets.  And last but not
least, we'll have a 50/50 raffle.

I can hear you now, you're saying, I have to be there, how do I get tickets.
Well, Karyn and I have some, and we'd be happy to sell them to you if and
when we see you.  To make sure you've got a ticket, though, contact the
Illinois Council of the Blind at 217-523-4967 or icb at icbonline.org and let
us know how many tickets you want.  You can also send a check, made out to
the Illinois Council of the Blind to:
Illinois Council of the Blind
PO Box 1336
Springfield, IL  62705-1336.  Please be sure to let us know how many adults
and childrens and young adults tickets you want, and if you want to
volunteer.  You can also purchase tickets on our website, www.icbonline.org,
click on the '2014 ICB
Spring Fling' link, or, go there directly at
http://www.icbonline.org/about-us/how-you-can-help/spring-fling/.

Oh no, I hear you saying, I can't be there, can I still help?  Sure you can!
You can purchase 50/50 raffle tickets as you need not be present to win.
Tickets are $2 each or 3 tickets for $5.  We can't sell raffle tickets
on-line, but you can contact our office using any of the other methods found
in this message and order as many raffle tickets as you like.

Young children who are blind, students and others are counting on all of us
to help them out.  Why not come out to 115 Bourbon Street on Saturday, April
26 from 4-9 p.m., and have some fun while helping our great organization.

Ray Campbell
ray1530 at wowway.com