[il-talk] chicago chapter meeting announcement

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 4 19:12:18 UTC 2014

The National Federation of the Blind of Illinois Chicago Chapter will meet
on Saturday, August 9, 2014.  The time of the meeting is 1:00 PM and the
place is the Exchequer Pub and Restaurant, 226 South Wabash Avenue, Chicago.
Our program will feature Laurie Dishman, formerally of Second Sense.  She
now has her own agency, Innerfocus.  Laurie will be talking in general on
strategies  which will assist one in seeking employment, as well as personal
fulfillment.

Please remember our state convention which will take place on October 31
through November 2 at the Naperville Marriott Hotel.  The Chicago Chapter is
offering assistance for up to six individuals to attend this convention.  If
you are interested in applying, please contact David Meyer before August 15
at 708-209-1767, or via email, datemeyer at sbcglobal.net.

We will also feature a Presidential release which will feature our new
National President, Mark Riccabono.

Finally, the state affiliate will again hold an October Fest Fundraiser.
The date for this extravaganza will be Saturday, September 20 with a 4:00 PM
start time.  As has been the case the past several years, the place will be
the home of Patti and Francisco Chang, 6919 West Berwyn Avenue, Chicago.
For the low price of $25 you are entitled to a variety of music, good
conversation, burgers and brats, and more.  Besides your donation, please
consider bringing a salad, chips or a dessert.  If you plan to attend,
please make your reservation by calling Patti Chang at 7 7 3-3 0 7-6 4 4 0.

David Meyer, NFB of Illinois

Coordinator and channel administrator, NFB-NewsLine

Chicago Chapter President