[il-talk] Fwd: Gone Fishin'

Patti Chang pattischang at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 16:17:03 UTC 2014

"The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future."

Patti S. Gregory-Chang
NFBI President
NFB Scholarship Comm. Chair
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Senator Mark Kirk <mark_kirk at enews.senate.gov>
Date: August 8, 2014 at 5:11:38 PM EDT
To: president at nfbofillinois.org <president at nfbofillinois.org>
Subject: Gone Fishin'

If you are having trouble viewing this message or would like to share it on a social network, you can view the message online.

August 08, 2014

Dear Friend,

Just because the Senate is in recess this month doesn't mean I've closed up shop and gone fishin'. Nothing could be further from the truth. This month I am traveling all over Illinois working for you.

You can follow along during my August trip across our state using this interactive map on my website or on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr with #AugustofAction:

I've already stopped in Waukegan to announce the completion of the Waukegan Harbor cleanup, visited the Shed Aquarium in Chicago to discuss cleaning up the Great Lakes, announced a partnership with local pastors to keep children safe, and met with small business leaders in Oak Brook to discuss how the federal government can empower small businesses by cutting through red tape and lowering taxes. And this is just the start. Later this month, I'll be traveling all over the state, from Rockford to Marion and everywhere in between.

I'm looking forward to continuing my conversations with Illinois citizens. I hear stories of farmers working to support their families and feed the world, families facing the daily horrors of gang violence, veterans struggling to overcome corruption and bureaucracy at the Department of Veterans Affairs, and small business employers struggling under the weight of high taxes and government regulation. These stories and countless others inspire me to continue to fight for you when I return to Washington D.C. next month. Together we can get our country back on track.

To learn more about my work and my #AugustofAction, please visit my website.

For real-time updates, please join me on social media:

It is an honor to represent you in the Senate.

Very Truly Yours,

Mark Kirk

United States Senator

P.S. The closest thing to fishing I'm doing this month is fishing contaminated sediment out of Waukegan Harbor. Check out this GIF on Tumblr.

Chicago
230 South Dearborn, Suite 3900
Chicago, IL 60604
Phone: 312-886-3506
Fax: 312-886-2117	Springfield
607 East Adams, Suite 1520
Springfield, IL 62701
Phone: 217-492-5089
Fax: 217-492-5099	Washington, DC
524 Hart Office Building
Washington DC, 20510
Phone: 202-224-2854
Fax: 202-228-4611
Unsubscribe | Update My Profile | Privacy Policy