[il-talk] NFB Washington Seminar 2014

pattischang at gmail.com pattischang at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 13:25:17 UTC 2014

Great

Patti S. Gregory-Chang
NFBI President
NFB Scholarship Comm. Chair
Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 2, 2014, at 9:35 PM, "Robert Hansen (NFB Related)" <roberthansen33 at yahoo.com> wrote:

I emailed Rose Sloan to see if she will do a follow up maybe this Friday.  I am sure she will email me back tomorrow.

RH

> On 1/31/2014 10:08 AM, pattischang at gmail.com wrote:
> Maybe we can cover the follow-ups on the February 4 evening meeting. I don't know if we did this during the end of the seminar or not. Thanks
>

> Patti S. Gregory-Chang
> NFBI President
> NFB Scholarship Comm. Chair
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jan 31, 2014, at 7:04 AM, Rose Sloan <rosesloan920 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Federation Family,
>
> Thank you, Denise, for your kind words.  As I told Steve earlier this week,
> I would not be where I am today if it weren't for you guys.  Thank YOU.
>
> I want to reiterate the importance of following up.  If at all possible,
> please email the appropriate legislative aide from your district.  I would
> email them ASAP to say thank you, and then I would email them in a few
> weeks to ask them if Congressman/woman ________ is going to sign on to the
> bills.  It's important to make the ask.  Please cc me on any
> correspondence.  (Rsloan at nfb.org).
>
> Bob or Glenn: Can you email the Il-talk list serve the list of
> Reps/Senators and the person we met with or the appropriate person to
> follow up with?  This way, everyone will have the information they need.
>
> I also want to say, it was a pleasure working with all of you.  I had the
> honor of participating in meetings with everyone from Illinois who came
> (except Bob, sad face.)  I felt like I picked up right where I left off
> last year... for those of you who couldn't attend Washington Seminar, on
> Wednesday, I attended 4 Illinois appointments.
>
> If you have any questions about federal legislative stuff, please, do not
> hesitate to reach out to me.
>
> You all Rock.
>
> Love,
>
> Rose
>
> PS Jan Schakowsky is on Space Available now.  Hurray!!  And she will be on
> TEACH, I am almost certain. I will let you all know when it's official.

Sincerely,

Robert A. Hansen   ---- co-program director WZRD 88.3 fm www.wzrdchicago.org
Student Northeasern Illinois University  -  Chicago, Illinois
Member Northeastern Illinois University Student Government Association, Council of Clubroberthansen33 at yahoo.com