[il-talk] #FixWIA Wednesday

Rose Sloan rosesloan920 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 12:58:56 UTC 2014

Hey NFBI,

As you likely know, today is #FixWIA Wednesday, a campaign to alert our
Senators about our concerns with the Workforce Investment Act.

Please simply contact your Senators, and let them know that you are opposed
to Section 511 of Title 5 of WIA.  Ask them to offer an amendment to strike
this potentially disastrous clause that will bring subminimum wage
employment into the Rehab Act for the first time ever.
Please also mention that you are concerned about the Rehabilitation
Services Administration (RSA) being moved from the Department of Education
tot he Department of Labor.  No research supports that this move will help
people with disabilities. Ask them to strike this language as well.

Below is the contact information for the Senators from Illinois:

Senator Dick Durbin: Trevor Reushcel:
trevor_reuschel at durbin.senate.gov; 202-224-2152;
@SenatorDurbin

Senator Mark Kirk: Jordan Hynes: jordan_hynes at kirk.senate.gov; 202-224-2854;
@SenatorKirk

I hope you find this information helpful. Together we can #FixWIA.

Rose