[il-talk] chicago chapter meeting announcement

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 6 03:16:55 UTC 2014

The National Federation of the Blind of Illinois Chicago Chapter will hold
its February meeting on Saturday, February 8.  The time is 1:00 P.M. and the
place is the Exchequer Pub and Restaurant, 226 South Wabash, Chicago.

Our program item for this meeting is a presentation on Ventra by Amy Serpe,
ADA Compliance Officer of the Chicago Transit Authority.  You won't want to
miss this meeting if you have any questions or concerns about the Ventra
program.  Additionally, we will spend some time on legislative initiatives
which the Federation will undertake during the coming year

Finally, we have an exciting fundraiser coming up in March.  We will be
spending a Night for the Ages at Dicks Last Resort, 300 North State Street
in Chicago.  Cost for this event is $40 per person.  You will be entitled to
two hours of unlimited beer and wine, as well as a selection of foods
offered via a buffet.

If you wish to take part in this fundraiser, please make your reservation
with David Meyer.  You may make your reservation at either the February or
the March meeting, or you may call him at 708-606-7091.  If you wish to pay
by check, please make checks payable to the National Federation of the Blind
of Illinois.  This is an event you won't want to miss.  So, get your
reservations in, tell your friends and neighbors, about this event.  A good
time will be had by all.

If you have any questions, please contact David Meyer, Chicago Chapter
President at 708-606-7091.

David Meyer, NFB of Illinois

Coordinator and channel administrator, NFB-NewsLine

Chicago Chapter President