[il-talk] Fwd: National Paralympic Judo Training Camp at the Menomonee Judo Club on Saturday, February 22nd

pattischang at gmail.com pattischang at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 17:36:39 UTC 2014

Patti S. Gregory-Chang
NFBI President
NFB Scholarship Comm. Chair
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Brett Wolf <azumah4 at yahoo.com>
Date: February 7, 2014 at 8:35:00 AM CST
Subject: National Paralympic Judo Training Camp at the Menomonee Judo Club on Saturday, February 22nd

Dear Friends,

I wanted to let you know about a very cool opportunity that we will be offering to people with visual impairment at the Menomonee Judo Club later this month.

As many of you know, the Menomonee Judo Club is the Paralympic Judo National Training Site. We were given this distinction by USA Judo, the National Governing Body of Judo in the US, in 2012. Paralympic Judo is specifically geared towards participants with visual impairment. Part of our responsibility as the Paralympic National Training Site is to help build interest in Paralympic Judo through grassroots programming. This includes not only our weekly classes with World Sport Chicago, the Chicago Park District, Chicago Public Schools and the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, but also special events like demonstrations, workshops and training camps.

On Saturday, February 22nd, we will be running a National Paralympic Judo Training Camp in conjunction with USA Judo. To help us run the camp, USA Judo will be sending two of the top Paralympic Judo coaches in the country.

Eddie Liddie - Olympic Bronze Medalist, three time Olympic Coach, Coach for 2012 Paralympic Judo Medalists, Myles Porter and Dartanyon Crockett.

Marc Vink - 2008 and 2012 Paralympic Games Judo Team Leader

The camp will take place at

The Drucker Center / Menomonee Judo Club
1535 North Dayton Street
Chicago, IL 60642

We are in the process of finalizing the schedule for the day, but participants should plan on being at the Drucker Center from around 9am - 5pm ( if you can only start for parts of the event, although not ideal, I understand ). We will be serving lunch and snacks to the participants.

This special event is not only for participants with previous Judo experience, but also people with visual impairment who are interested in trying Judo for the first time. We strongly encourage you to support our organization by attending this training camp.

The event is free for any participant with visual impairment.

Once I finalize the schedule / times, I will send out additional emails.

If you have any questions about participation, please feel free to contact me.

Enjoy your day and I look forward to speaking with everyone soon.

Thank You,
Brett