[il-talk] Updated committee list

Gregory Chang Patti pattischang at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 20:13:58 UTC 2014

Please take a good look.  There are significant changes to some committees.  Thank you for all you do.

2014 National Federation of the Blind of Illinois Committee Appointments:
updated: 02/17/14

COMMITTEES

*Advocacy Committee
(Advocates with employers, schools, DRS, ICRE-WOOD and other public or private agencies for blind residents of Illinois.)
Chair Denise Avant
 Ronza Othman
David Meyer
Debbie Stein
Lois Montgomery
Andrew Webb
Sharlene Elder
Debbie Pittman
Meg Cheatham

Bell Committee
This committee will plan for our Bell Programs in 2014 and figure out how to tie it in with our Parent and TVI seminar in Spring
Chair: Patti Chang
Lois Montgomery
Debbie Pittman
Jean Rauschenbach
Debbie Stein
Steve Hastalis
Hilda Sandofer
Denise Avant
Cathy Randall
Janet Leinum
Charlene Elder

*Braille Literacy Initiative
Chair  Robert Gardner
Debbie Stein
Debbie Pitman
Bill Reif
Lois Montgomery
Charlene Elder
Denise Avant
Patrick Olson
Linda Hendel

*Chappel Award Committee
(Responsible for decisions with guidance from NFBI board on aiding and selecting people to attend events.)
(This is our only committee where the membership remains anonymous.)

*Development Committee
(Prepares and submits grant proposals.  Sends out annual appeal letters.  Handles things like our letter to estates attorneys.)
Chair: Cathy Randall
Leslie Hamric)
Glenn Moore (Treasurer NFBI)
Denise Avant (grants)
Charlene Elder (grants)
Debbie Pitman (grants)
Bill Reif

xxx*Door Prizes
Chair: Denise Avant
Alan Glickman
Roberta Glickman
Debbie Pittman
Don Jordan
Bob Widman
LeAnne Mayne

*Freedom Link
(Transitions Club Committee)
Chair: Marco Giannotti
Bill Reif
Mary Lou Grunwald
Steve Hastalis
Bruce Paul
Debbie Stein
Chris Jeckle
Denise Avant
Ryan Parrey
Brianna Lillyman

*Fund Raising and Budget Committee
(Responsible for all Fund Raising events e.g. Carson Days, Certificates, Obtoberfest, and Won-Ton-O-Fun.  Responsible for putting together an annual budget for presentation to the board.)
Chair  Glenn Moore
Cathy Randall
Mary Lou Grunwald
Bob Widman
Don Jordon
Dave Meyer
Sean Zieda

*Guide Dog
Debbie Pittman
Edwin Rodriguez
Yusef  Dale
Donna Miles
Steve Pangeer

xxx*ISVI
(Deals with the school for the blind and its issues.)
Chair:  Denise Avant
Charlene Elder
Cathy Randall
Dave Meyer
Debbie Stein
Bill Reif

*Legislation- State, Committee
(Responsible for State Legislative action.)
Co-Chairs: Bill Reif  Jemal Powell
Marco Giannotti
Bob Gardner
Charlene Elder
Cary Supalo

*Legislation-Federal Committee
(Responsible for Washington Seminar and Federal Legislative Action )
Chair Annette Grove
Bob Gardner
Debbie Pittman
Jemal Powell
Lois Montgomery
Charlene Elder
Rose Sloan
Steve Hastalis
Denise Avant
James Dickman
Glenn Moore
ve

xxx*Newsletter Braille Examiner Committee
(Writes and distributes our Newsletter.)
Editor Debbie Stein
David Meyer
Carolyn Nelson
Steve Hastalis
Bill Reif
Megan Dowell
Jean Rauschenbach
Glenn Moore
Leslie Hamric

*Newsline Committee
David Meyer
Byron Lee
Bob Widman
Bill Reif
Lois Montgomery
Brian Sumner

xxx*Parents
(Plans and carries out parents’ seminars and parents’ events at conventions.)
Chair Debbie Stein and Nick Robertson
Nelly Gamino
Cathy Randall
Dave Meyer
Bill Reif
Byron Lee
MaryLou Grunwaldin
Charlene Elder
Glenn Moore

xxx*Public Relations  Committee
(Responsible for notifying agencies and getting the word out generally on all NFBI events.  Responsible for getting as much press contact for our events as possible.)
Co-Chairs: Debbie Pitman and Charlene Elder
Bob Widman
Venzelma Cotton
Carolyn Nelson
Margaret James
Hilda Sandoval
Andrew Webb
Robert Hansen
Linda Hendel

xxx*Resolutions Committee \
(Responsible for reviewing and recommending “do pass” or “do not pass” to the convention.)
2013 Members:
Chair Chris Jeckle
Ronza Othman
Bill Reif
David Meyer
Debbie Pittman
Mary Lou Grunwald
Denise Avant
Steve Hastalis
Rose Sloan
Brianna Lillyman
James Dickman
Andrew Webb

xxx*Renewal Committee
(Responsible to assist all chapters in strengthening present membership and building new members.  Need to coordinate at-large chapter.
Chair:  Gina Falvo
Gary Jones
Bob Gardner
Leslie Hamric
Linda Hendle`
Lois Montgomery
Carolyn Nelson
Pat Olson
Patrick Olson
Cathy Randall
Bill Reif
Bob Widman
Alma Hinkle
Ken Staley

*Sales Committee
(Responsible to research items to sell as fund raisers)
Chair: Mary Lou Grunwald
Debbie Pittman
Marco Giannotti.
Adam Kozarewicz
Dan Peters
Sean Ziade

xxx*Scholarship Committee
(Decides who is awarded scholarships and internships.  Mentors those persons at convention and throughout the year.)
dChair Debbie Stein
Cathy Randall
Bill Reif
Nancy Gardner
Denise Avant
Adrienne Falconer
Rob Hansen

*Social networking on the web
Chair: Ronza Othman
Byron Lee
Ryan Kwaak
Gaia Iaccarino
Katie Leinum
Brianna Lilliman
Leanne Mayne

xxx*Special Events Committee
(Plans and carries out all aspects of our spring seminars and conventions except for press, sends out convention bulletin, and plans board meetings.)
Co-chairs Denise Avant and Chris Jeckel
Ronza Othman
Cathy Randall
Nancy Gardner
Byron Lee
Robert Gardner

Transportation Committee
Represent NFBI when dealing with transportation issues with both mainline and paratransit issues
Chair Jemal Powell
Steve Hastalis
Debbie Pittman
Kelly Pierce

*Webpage Committee
(Purpose to keep the webpage growing and up to date. This committee will design, and implement the page as well as urge all to get content to the webmaster in a timely fashion.)
Chair:   Byron Lee
Debbie Pittman
Glenn Moore
Marco Giannotti

NFB National LIAISON APPOINTMENTS

Public Relations
Debbie Pitman

*Science Camp and Youth Slam Coordinator
Denise Avant

GOVERNMENT ADVISORY PANEL APPOINTMENTS

*Blind Services Planning Council
NFBI Representatives: Dave Meyer and Charlene Elder Bill Reif

*Library Committee Representative
Robert Hansen.
,

*SRC