[il-talk] Fwd: [Nfb-legislative-directors] How Vermont Closed Sheltered Workshops

pattischang at gmail.com pattischang at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 01:42:43 UTC 2014

Patti S. Gregory-Chang
NFBI President
NFB Scholarship Comm. Chair
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Justin Salisbury <PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu>
Date: December 31, 2013 at 3:17:46 PM CST
To: NFB Legislative Directors List <nfb-legislative-directors at nfbnet.org>
Subject: [Nfb-legislative-directors] How Vermont Closed Sheltered Workshops

Fellow Federationists:

I had been searching for months to learn exactly how Vermont managed to close all of its sheltered workshops, and I finally found an article today that explains it concisely and clearly.  At the bottom of the article, there are three links to state plans to show exactly how the state ended sheltered employment.

Here is the article:

http://www.communityinclusion.org/article.php?article_id=200

This can be used to support our argument in favor of HR 831.

I think we all have some common new year's resolutions, and I look forward to talking with everyone about them in Baltimore.  Happy New Year!

Justin Salisbury

Justin M. Salisbury
Graduate Student
Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics
The University of Wisconsin-Madison
president at alumni.ecu.edu

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”    —MARGARET MEAD