[il-talk] 2 Minutes of Your Time Can Help #FixWIA: Call Your Senators Tomorrow

Rose Sloan rosesloan920 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 19:05:43 UTC 2014

Federationists:

For those of you who prefer to call your Senators (rather than send an
email or fax) here is a sample message you can leave.

#####

Hi! My name is Rose Sloan, and I am a constituent of Senator Durbin.  I am
calling to express my objection to language in S. 1356, the Workforce
Investment Act.  Please ask the Senator to offer an amendment that will
strike Section 511 of Title V., which endorses segregated subminimum wage
training and employment, and to remove the language that diminishes the
quality of rehabilitation services by transferring the Rehabilitation
Services Administration from the Department of Education to the Department
of Labor. Thank you!

#####

Some of you may have the chance to talk to staffers in your senators’
offices in more depth.  To learn more information about fixing WIA, please
review our blog post at https://nfb.org/blog/vonb-blog/fix-wia.

Thanks for all of your work. Let’s #FixWIA!

Rose