[il-talk] Check Stubs

Gregory D. Rosenberg gregg at ricis.com
Tue Jan 21 18:33:55 UTC 2014

Good afternoon Glenn,

Here are a few thought:

Do you have access to a copier at work that can enlarge. A quick fix may be to use the enlargement feature of the copier to blow up the check or deposit stub.

If your company sells or provide services to a government agency directly or indirectly they are required by law to be ADA compliant and produce any documents, checks, … in an accessible format.

I would ask if you can access your check or deposit slip via a secure on-line web site or if they can send it via secure email, which will send you an email containing a link to you that you than click on to securely retrieve you check or deposit slip.

I would talk to your HR and Payroll departments and find out if the company has any policies that protect your right (not legal right) for accessibility. If they do, they should be able to either force the payroll company into compliance with their corporate policy. If not, they may be willing to create a policy and force a change with the existing payroll provider or change to a new provider.

On Jan 20, 2014, at 19:25 CST, Glenn Moore III <glennmooreiii at yahoo.com> wrote:

> My workplace recently changed the company that handles payroll, and now they are printing checks (well direct deposit advice slips) in a rediculously tiny font.
> what can be done about that?
> -Glenn III

P.S. Text the word BLIND to 85944 to donate $10 to the NFB Imagination Fund via your phone bill.

--
73' & 75'
Gregory D. Rosenberg AB9MZ
gregg at ricis.com

RICIS, Inc.
7849 Bristol Park Drive
Tinley Park, IL 60477-4594
http://www.ricis.com

708-267-6664 Cell
708-444-2690 Office
708-444-1115 Fax (Call First)
We are tired of SPAM faxes.

NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged and confidential information. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and please delete it from your computer.