[il-talk] Student Event on the Dunes This June 21st

Christopher Meyer via il-talk il-talk at nfbnet.org
Sun Jun 1 01:59:40 UTC 2014

Hello Federationists:

Writing in is Christopher Meyer, Indiana student division president, to
share about our joint Indiana-Illinois student recruitment event this June
in Michigan City, Indiana. All high-school and college students are welcome!

Please find the attached flyer for our Midwest student event on June 21st at
the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore in Michigan City, IN. This event costs
$15 per student and transportation along the way will be arranged - with the
expectation that parents can meet us along the way (e.g. at an interstate
off ramp). This event will run from around 10:00AM to 10:00PM, with less
time for those nearer Michigan City.

Please distribute the attached flyer (also copied below) far and wide to TVI
lists, among the Parents of Blind Children division list, in your chapter
list-serves, and more.

We are hoping for around fifteen Illinois student participants (and welcome
those from Michigan and others nearby as well), so your help is very
appreciated in reaching this number!

Parents and students: Please make sure to register online. Whether you pay
online or send a check, we must know of your attendance. Registration
deadline is Saturday, June 14th.

I am the contact person for any inquiries and travel arrangements for
Indiana. Please feel free to reach me through my information below. For
travel arrangements in Illinois, reach out to Glenn Moore
(gmoore3rd at gmail.com <mailto:gmoore3rd at gmail.com> ) and Brianna Lillyman
(12blillyman at gmail.com <mailto:12blillyman at gmail.com> ).

With All the Best Wishes,

Christopher Meyer

Christopher S. Meyer

President, Indiana Association of Blind Students

National Federation of the Blind of Indiana

chsmeyer at umail.iu.edu | +1 (765) 480-2978

Skype: ChristophMeyer180 | Facebook: ChristopherMeyer1992

  _____

MIDWEST MEETUP:

DAY AT THE DUNES

Swim, hike, play Discs on the Dunes (accessible disc golf), Sculptionaries,
Castle Contests,  music, chill with cool people, food, fun, and memories

      Hey all you blind high school & college students;  Are you ready for a
break after a long semester, a way to meet & bond with friends and build
real memories?  Come for some fun in the sun with the IL & IN Associations
of Blind Students' Day at the Dunes.

      Saturday, June 21, 2014

Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore - Michigan City, IN

Departure: 10:00 AM from Indianapolis and locations along the way; Return:
10:00 PM

      Just $15 (includes transportation & food)

      To register, go to: http://nfbofillinois.org/?page_id=651

For more information or to learn about transportation options, please
contact Christopher Meyer at (765)480-2978 or chsmeyer at umail.iu.edu.

Don't forget your swimsuits and towels!

The National Federation of the blind knows that blindness is not the
between blind people and their dreams. You can live the life you want;
blindness is not what holds you back.