[il-talk] Congresswoman Duckworth Cosponsors HR 831!

Rose Sloan rosesloan920 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 13:09:07 UTC 2014

Hey Illinois Federationists!

I just wanted to let you know that Congresswoman Duckworth from Illinois'
eighth district, has officially cosponsored HR 831: the Fair Wages for
Workers with Disabilities Act.  This brings Illinois' count to six
Representatives on the bill.  Congratulations!

This means we still have 12 more to go!  Anyone who lives in Bustos (D),
Davis Danny (D), Davis Rodney (R), Foster (D), Gutierrez (D), Hultgren (R),
Kinzinger (R), Lipinski (D), Roskam (R), Schneider (D), Schock (R), or
Shimkus's (R) districts are encouraged to please email them and ask them
for their support.  If you are emailing a Democrat office feel free to let
them know that Congresswoman Schakowsky, Congresswoman Duckworth,
Congressman Enyart, Congressman Rush, Congressman Quigley, and
Congresswoman Kelly are already on board.

Congressman Gutierrez was a cosponsor last Congress.  There's no reason why
he shouldn't be on again.  Congresswoman Bustos had a lot of support from
Congresswoman Schakowsky when she ran for Congress, and I believe
Congressman Schneider also looks up to Congresswoman Schakowsky.

I know there have been some emails in the past about the importance of
Republicans.  This is true. HOWEVER, for Illinois, for HR 831 only, I would
love to see all the Democratic support we can get.  Why? Because I think
Senator Durbin could be a great sponsor for a Senate companion bill.  If he
realizes all the Democrats from his home state like this bill, he will
hopefully, even though he is in leadership, understand the importance of
this bill and agree to sponsor it.

I know I ask a lot of you guys.  But our work is paying off!!!

send emails to the addresses below, and ask them to support HR 831. Also,
cc me (Rsloan at nfb.org)  on the emails so that I can follow up with them.

   Representative Party Legislative Aide Email  Luis Gutierrez D Anthony
Espinosa anthony.espinosa at mail.house.gov  Daniel Lipinski  D Sofya Leonova
sofya.leonova at mail.house.gov  Brad Schneider D Cara Toman
cara.toman at mail.house.gov  Bill Foster D Jim Callaghan
jim.callaghan at mail.house.gov  Cheri Bustos  D Lyron Blum-Evitts