[il-talk] Action needed - : Met with Schneider's Office

Gregory Chang Patti pattischang at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 10:46:38 UTC 2014

I just wrote the following letter and sent it via e-mail.  We need many of you to do the same please.

Dear Ms. Toman:

I write to follow up on a recent meeting you had with Rose Sloan of our national office.  As president of our Illinois affiliate I am asking Congressman Schneider to reconsider the position you articulated during the meeting.  The WIA language was never intended to substitute for our basic stance on subminimum wages.  To say the least the current stance of Congressman Schneider is disappointing.  It is unfair and antiquated to pay less than the minimum wage solely based on disability.  Please speak again with the congressman and convey our request.  Thank you in advance for your time.

Live the Life You Want.

Patti Gregory Chang
National Federation of the Blind of Illinois, President
NFB Scholarship Committee Chair
pattischang at gmail.com
www.nfbofillinois.org

Begin forwarded message: