[il-talk] Braille displays recommendation

Leslie Hamric lhamric930 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 2 22:15:07 UTC 2014

Well, you could get the BraillePen12  which is a 12 cell braille display.
Although this display is compact, there are no cursor routing buttons.
However, you could also get the braillepen 12 touch which does have cursor
routing buttons.  Either of these would be the cheapest devices.  Go to
www.braillepen.com

Freedom Scientific also sells Bluetooth Focus braille displays that work
with the iPhone and Mac.
http://search.freedomscientific.com/search?q=focus&btnG=&sort=date%253AD%253
AL%253Ad1&output=xml_no_dtd&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&client=default_frontend&proxys
tylesheet=FRESCI&site=default_collection&filter=0

There's also the Refresh A Braille 18
http://tech.aph.org/rbd_info.htm

And my last recommendation would be the Braille Edge 40
http://hims-inc.com/products/braille-edge-40/

I hope this helps.  If you have more questions, please contact me off list
at
Lhamric930 at comcast.net
Take care.
Leslie