[il-talk] 2014 iBRAL Contest For Kids Announcement of Winners

Lmm3527 at aol.com Lmm3527 at aol.com
Mon Mar 10 01:10:19 UTC 2014

2014 Illinois Braille Readers  Are Leaders (iBRAL) Contest For Kids

Sponsored by the National  Federation of the Blind of Illinois (NFBI)

Announcement of  Winners

***
I would like to thank all the students, along with all  the teachers and
parents who supported them, for participating in the first  annual iBRAL
contest for kids.  The  contest has been a fantastic success, and it seems
obvious it was a great  incentive for the students to read Braille for recreation,
and to improve their  Braille skills.  In the 6 weeks of  the contest, the
21 participants read an amazing 13,142 pages of Braille!
It’s my pleasure to announce the winners as follows:
Grade Category K-1
1st place:  Noah Kano
Grade Category 2-3
1st place:  Maia Armstrong
2nd place:  Daniel Bein
3rd place:  Muhammad Khiyani
Grade Category 4-5
1st place:  Matthew Leinart
2nd place:  Valerie Williams
3rd place:  Anthony Spears
honorable mention:  Daniella Rico
Grade Category 6-8
1st place:  Sela Cornell
2nd place:  name withheld by request
Grade Category 9-12
1st place:  Dylan Hassler
2nd place:  Pierre Tandy
3rd place:  Rayette Rucker
The winner of the Award For Outstanding Effort is. .  .
Pierre Tandy!
Lois Montgomery