[il-talk] Fwd: Seeking Electronic Heath Record (EHR) Accessibility Information

pattischang at gmail.com pattischang at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 14:01:13 UTC 2014

Patti S. Gregory-Chang
NFBI President
NFB Scholarship Comm. Chair
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Yingling, Valerie" <Vyingling at nfb.org>
Date: March 10, 2014 at 8:16:16 AM CDT
To: "State President, Illinois" <pattischang at gmail.com>
Subject: Seeking Electronic Heath Record (EHR) Accessibility Information

Patti,

Would you be able to circulate the following message to your affiliate members?

Dear Members,

NFB is currently investigating accessibility features available within Electronic Health Record (EHR) software.

If you work in the healthcare industry or are a student preparing for a career in the healthcare industry and encounter EHRs regularly at your job or as a part of your studies, NFB needs to hear from you.  In an effort to understand how members are affected by the influx of EHRs, NFB is gathering data from members whose job duties or coursework involve entering, reviewing, and / or retrieving data within EHRs.  EHRs in question may include Epic, Allscripts, Cerner, eClinicalWorks, NextGen and other software companies’ products.

Please call Valerie Yingling, paralegal, at 410-659-9314 x 2440 to share your EHR experiences, both positive and negative.

Valerie Yingling
Paralegal
National Federation of the Blind
Telephone: 410-659-9314 ext. 2440

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future.   Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams.  You can have the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

To make a donation to the National Federation of the Blind Imagination Fund campaign, please visit www.nfb.org/ImaginingOurFuture.