[il-talk] the secret is to ask

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 10 17:05:54 UTC 2014

I know that for many of us, the question that presents a permanent puzzle is
"How might I fundraise?"  Well, I think I found at least a partial answer
this morning and believe it or not, that answer consists of a single three
letter word, (ask.)

I actually tried that a couple of times to acquaintances I have not talked
to in awhile.  In one case, the person is reasonably sure he can pick up
dinner for himself and his wife when we fundraise at Beggars.  In the other
case, the person cannot attend but he asked some questions about what we do
and it sounds like he is planning to make a donation.

So, I invite you to try it.  You just might like what happens.

David Meyer, NFB of Illinois

Coordinator and channel administrator, NFB-NewsLine

Chicago Chapter President