[il-talk] Letters of Support: Repeal 14c

Robert Gardner rgardner4 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 00:46:37 UTC 2014

Are you willing to contact the ICB?

-----Original Message-----
From: Rose Sloan
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2014 3:30 PM
To: il-talk at nfbnet.org ; Lewis, Anil
Subject: [il-talk] Letters of Support: Repeal 14c

Hi NFBI,

Last week, Anil and I met with Senator Durbin's labor staffer, Trevor.  He
sincerely understands our concerns with WIA.  He also understands the
importance of HR 831.

In order to strengthen our case, Trevor said that he would like to see
letters of support from other organizations in Illinois that express their
concerns with WIA, particularly Section 511, or that in general would like
to see the repeal of 14 c.

*Do any of you know of any organizations that you could ask to write
letters of support?  * We already have a letter from the Chicago Lighthouse
and I have an e-mail chain with Access Living (along with articles) stating
their position.  But the more letters we can generate, the stronger
Trevor's case will be when he presents this issue to Senator Durbin.

I know I am asking of a lot from you guys, but making substances changes
for Americans with disabilities isn't easy.  Please use this thread as a
brain storming arena of potential organizations that might be willing to
support us.  Alternatively, feel free to email me directly your ideas.  I
reach out to organizations often, and oftentimes they do support our
initiatives.

Thanks for all that you do.

Rose