[il-talk] Fw: Rick Boggs invites you to an Audio Eyes Event

Robert Gardner rgardner4 at gmail.com
Wed May 14 02:02:23 UTC 2014

FYI

From: Rick Boggs Audio Eyes LLC
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 6:57 PM
Subject: Rick Boggs invites you to an Audio Eyes Event

Hello from Rick Boggs

Spring has sprung, and it's so pretty! The flowers are blooming, the birds are singing, and…oh yes, there's a major web event happening! almost immediately!

Wednesday May 14, from 12:30 to 2:30PM PDT!
Live from the inter webs to your device of choice comes a bold and daring new step in accessible media! Audio Eyes, together with the Described Captioned Media Program present:

Inside Video Description: How Pictures Become Words!

Watch how video description is made better with actual blind people involved in the creation process! What a concept! See why making your media accessible matters to your students, your audience and your bottom line. Best of all, ask your questions and have them answered live! Whether you're a blind consumer, an educator or a media maker, you'll want to jump into the conversation and make your voice heard!

Speaking of hearing voices…No no, not schizophrenia, podcast interviews! We have them, and if you missed them, you can catch them here:
http://archive.kpfk.org
Click on Access Unlimited (with Chris Snyder) for April 30.
And here:
http://latalkradio.com/Imperfect.php
Click on the Perfectly Imperfect episode (with Rick Boggs) for May 5.
And here:
http://www.byronlee.com/?page_id=18
Click on The Talk Zone (with Chris Snyder) for May 6.
The Maccessibility Round Table Podcast has posted a bonus episode, The One With Audio Eyes.
http://maccessibility.net/category/podcast/
And an interview by Fedora Outlier, Delivering Access, here:
http://www.fedoraoutlier.com/da-podcast/
Click on Season 2 episode 10 with Rick Boggs

This is the first event of its kind, and we want you to join us. As long as you're already on your iThingy or Snickers Bar or whatever infernal machine you're using to read this, click this link right now and register!
http://events.dcmp.org
Don't worry, we promise not to tell any Zambian princesses who you are. Your information is safely guarded by our hoard of fire-breathing dragons, so register here.
http://events.dcmp.org
We're looking forward to seeing you there!

Rick Boggs, General Manager
Audio Eyes, LLC
www.audioeyes.com
studio: 818-678-0880

Rick Boggs, General Manager
Audio Eyes, LLC
www.AudioEyes.com

Studio: 818-678-0880
Mobile: 818-439-9698
email: rickb at audioeyesllc.com

Recipient of the 2013 Barry Levine Memorial Award for Career Achievement in Audio Description