[il-talk] MORE MEDICAL INFO

Gregory D. Rosenberg via il-talk il-talk at nfbnet.org
Tue May 20 13:51:34 UTC 2014

Good morning Rob,

Has any doctor suggested you use Neurontin (Gabapentin). You should also make sure you stand and walk for a few minutes every hour while you are awake. If you sit a lot it is important to pump your feet as blood typically will pool in your feet. I am at a computer all day and sit for ten to sixteen hours a day. I have found my doctors advise to make a big difference in my life. I hope this helps you out a bit.

I have had issues with blood flow and nerves in my legs causing lots of pain. I had bi-lateral DVTs (blood clots in my legs) several times. I also had pulmonary embolisms (blood clots) in my lungs. That was really horrible as it made you unable to breathe or at least gasping for even the slightest amount of air. The later was related to my sinus surgery.

On May 19, 2014, at 22:16 CDT, Rob Kaiser via il-talk <il-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:

> Hello again: As many of you know, I went to the vascular doctor today. I have to go on Friday for a test to see where my vains are at. What this means is that if my vains are working properly in my left leg. If the deep vains aren’t working properly, there is nothing I can do but ware elastic stockings. If the vains within the top of my leg are not working properly, there is a procedure that can be done at the doctor’s office that can fix the problem.
>
> Also, it has been advised that I go to a back surgeon to see about the pain in my leg.
>
> More to come.

> http://cp.mcafee.com/d/1jWVIq6x0g6zqb5XLLLL3DPtPqdQT64nDxPNJ6Wrz29EVhopdETod7apEVud7b1EVdETjsvd7ar3bVIz7O945hBqlendNBqlendFK6zCSzCn-LPZNNEV73KLsKCyyZMVCX0W_bnhIyyHssDOEuvkzaT0QSCrjdTdTdw0UeA0rM071dnoplqsGMFAzOYZfayI7i0dU03x6fAi8ZyYpmBjBPszOYZfaBO5mUm-wawWg1L00jrz3ZPpFrAunDFVkQKCy0r30b6zh0dzgs6ygw5jh06wMn31JcsrD3hc

P.S. Text the word BLIND to 85944 to donate $10 to the NFB Imagination Fund via your phone bill.

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

--
73' & 75'
Gregory D. Rosenberg AB9MZ
gregg at ricis.com