[il-talk] thank you very much

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 9 13:38:29 UTC 2014

Dear Chicago Chapter Members,

A big thank you goes out to all of those who participated and/or pledged
contributions toward our read-a-thon yesterday.  Thanks to the generosity of
many of you, we will have raised over $900 once all known pledges have been
turned in.  This does not take into account possible additional
contributions from two of our participants.

Perhaps the most gratifying thing about this fundraiser is that many chapter
members took part either by reading, contributing, pledging, or all of the
above.  What it shows me is that the more participation we get, the easier
it is to make things happen.  This is why it is so important for all of us
to get involved and stay involved.  Whether it be a fundraiser, a
legislative concern, an outreach activity, or perhaps a desire to become
involved in a process undertaken that may improve our lives such as our
desire to have input into the new station maps being developed under the CTA
Freedom grant,  we will always have a greater chance to succeed if we
respond collectively.

Again, thanks to all who helped in some way with our read-a-thon yesterday.

Yours in Gratitude,

David Meyer, NFB of Illinois

Coordinator and Channel Administrator, NFB-NewsLine

Chicago Chapter President