[il-talk] Octoberfest information

Gregory Chang Patti pattischang at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 15:47:39 UTC 2014

For those coming to Octoberfest the following might be helpful:

Address:  6919 W. Berwyn Chicago
The nearest blueline stop is Harlem but be careful it is the Harlem on the way to O'Hare not the one on the southern end.
Date: 9/20/2014
Time:  4:00 p.m.

If you need a ride from Harlem train stop, you can call 773 307 6440.
If you wish to walk.  Exit the train heading toward Harlem Ave.  If you are outbound that is at the rear.  Go up the escalator.  Keep heading straight.  You will go through the turn styles and then exit facing Harlem.  Turn right to head south on the west side of Harlem.  You will cross the onramp for the freeway and then come to Harlem and Higgins.  This is a light.  It is very wide.  You will cross both Harlem and Higgins.  Then walk east on the south side of Higgins to the fourth block which is Norticka.  Cross Norticka.  Walk three blocks south on Norticka to Berwyn.  Cross Berwyn and turn left.  We are about two thirds of the way down the block.  We have the only sidewalks which have a step at the end before you step onto the city sidewalk so we are easy to locate.  If we have good weather we will all be out back.
There is a Higgins bus which cuts off four blocks from the walk if ou wish to take that.  You can get off at Norticka.

We will have lots of music as several people are bringing instruments and we have a baby grand piano.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

"Every day we raise the expectations of blind people in the National Federation of the Blind.  Live the Life You Want."

Patti Gregory Chang
National Federation of the Blind of Illinois, President
NFB Scholarship Committee Chair
pattischang at gmail.com
www.nfbofillinois.org