[il-talk] Fwd: NFB Live Proudly Presents

Patti Chang pattischang at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 21:58:45 UTC 2014

"The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future."

Patti S. Gregory-Chang
NFBI President
NFB Scholarship Comm. Chair
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: NFB Live <carl at nfblive.com>
Date: September 25, 2014 at 4:38:00 PM CDT
To: NFB Live <carl at nfblive.com>
Subject: NFB Live Proudly Presents

On Friday October 3, at 8:00 PM Eastern, you will have the opportunity to meet Mr. Kris Scheppe, a blind sailor. Join us in the Events Center, where Kris will discuss his sports career as a competitive fleet racer. NFB Live is honored to have him speak with us and to share his experiences.

Kris Scheppe, a thirty-five year old blind sailor who now lives in Florida, participates in blind match and fleet racing competitions. He came in fourth in 2012 and 2013. He has retinitis pigmentosa, a condition where a narrow tunnel of central vision is available with no peripheral vision. However whether while sailing, or when providing web development for a pool construction company in Naples, Florida, Kris enjoys a wide variety of activities. He also volunteers for Camp Abilities, a sports camp for visually impaired children where he helps campers reach their goals and learn to love sports. Kris has also been a champion power lifter which gives another dimension to what he brings to his campers.

He loves to see the progress in those he works with, from having no experience to racing in a regatta and wanting to take their skills home and race again. Kris formerly has been a power lifter and a business owner but now looks to a future of wind filled sails with the horizons of blindness and sports being a perfect marriage.

We, the management of NFB Live, hope you will enjoy this presentation.

If you know of someone you believe has had an interesting life, or would have an interesting product to tell us about, please feel free to let NFB Live know. Please note, that any individual or organization you bring to us are not asked for money or donations of any kind in order to present on our site. We are honored and consider their donation of time for the presentation a generous gift.

If you would like to cancel your membership to avoid receiving our email, please click here.