[il-talk] Uber

Yousufuddin Syed anonymous.individual7 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 04:55:13 UTC 2015

Hello All,
Denise has asked me to post the following  info on how to download and
use the Uber and the Lift app. As you all know, these are relatively
cheaper and safer options compared to conventional cab service. And
they provide prompt service. I have been using this service for
sometime now...and I would highly recommend it to you guys.
Instructions:
-Download the app by searching in the appstore
-Once you download the app, you need to register by entering your
email ID, your first and last name and your phone number
-Then you are required to enter your credit card details
-After you agree to the terms and conditions, double tap the finish/done button
-The app gets installed once you tap the done button
As far as I remember, the downloading process for both Uber and Lift
is very similar.
How to book a ride-
Launch the app
Select the vehicle you wish to book
Your options:
OoberX (the cheapest)
OoberXL (spacious van)
Taxi (regular cab)
Black Car (Limousine)
Enter the pick up location and double tap
You will get a notification within two minutes informing you about the
estimated pick up time, the name of the driver and the vehicle number,
model and make.
You can also get in touch with the driver to check the status/ask the
driver to look for you once they arrive at the address.
And you get the receipt via email after completion of your trip.
Booking a ride on Lift is similar, and there are no vehicle options in
the lift app.
Hope you guys will find it helpful...I apologize for the length of the posting.
Please let me know if anyone intends to use Uber in the near future, I
can send a promo code that you can use to get a $20 credit on your
first ride.
Best
Syed