[il-talk] Reducing Clutter on Il-Talk

Robert Gardner rgardner4 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 01:50:06 UTC 2015

As list moderator, I’d like to once more emphasize a point about posting to il-talk.

The point is we need to reduce the number of posts on il-talk that say little more than “thanks,” or “interesting,” or “good job,” or something similar.  Remember, everytime you send a message like that to il-talk, you are sending it to approximately a hundred people.  If you meant your response for one particular person, you’ve just created more il-talk clutter for around a hundred other people.

A list serve like il-talk is not meant for communication between two individuals.  It’s meant as a method for you to communicate with a group of people.  If you want to thank an individual, to ask one individual to call you,  or tell them “great!”, please take the time to send such comments to their individual E-mail addresses.

Bob Gardner