[il-talk] Vending to CPS?

Bill Reif billreif at ameritech.net
Thu Feb 5 02:51:03 UTC 2015

Hi Bruce,

The state and federal laws which give blind vendors priority to operate
in state or federal government facilities don't apply to facilities
operated by local governments such as schools.  Many schools have
revenue sharing or commission arrangements under which a percentage of
the proceeds support a school activity or club.  In many schools, the
machines are only accessible for limited hours after school.  They are
also an environment in which healthy food concerns are taken most
seriously.  Finally: a blind vendor will have to contend with there not
being local storage from which milk and other cold foods would need to
be transported.

Cordially,
Bill