[il-talk] Windows 7: Wi-Fi Problems

Robert Gardner rgardner4 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 17:28:01 UTC 2015

Hi Nicholas

Not sure what you've tried or where you're at, computer-wise.

Using Windows 7 and JAWS, the first thing I'd do is check the system tray.
That by hitting insert-f11.  Use the down arrow to see what it says, if
anything, about an Internet connection.  If you're lucky, it will say
something like "networks available."  If that's the case, then you have to
go through the process of connecting to a wireless network.  As I recall,
Windows 7 will not connect automatically by default to a network.  You have
to go in and set that up in the connection process.

If you don't see "networks available," your problems are more serious and
I'm not quite sure where you go from there.

If you've gotten that far, I apologize for the rehash.

Bob Gardner