[il-talk] Just a gripe about Gmail

Glenn III gmoore3rd at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 00:00:24 UTC 2015

Hi folks, I wanted to let you know something that was up with my G-mail. I
realized recently that a lot of emails weren’t showing up in my desktop
inbox when, I checked my phone and found a messages in the inbox that
weren’t on my computer—strange since usually, alternative devices like
tablets and phones lack a feature, but computers as primary computing
devices almost always offer the more complete experience (writing software,
more settings, more versatility, more complete access to data etc).

I figured out the problem. At some point, I changed a setting in my gmail,
under settings / inbox / Categories, I checked all (Primary, social,
promotions, updates and forums), thinking this would make sure I was
getting everything that came to my email and not auto filtering out
anything. What this actually does is define these checked items as
different categories in the inbox, and then separate them into tabs that
are out of view. So it did the opposite of what I wanted, it took my NABS,
IL-Talk, and basically whatever was not from one pc to another and put them
out of view. Luckily it’s all there, and now it’s all together (I had to
deselect the check marks).

Just FYI.
-Glenn Moore III
Secretary,
(for our latest Calendar: nfbofillinois.org/?page_id=158)
"Live the Life You Want"  nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org>