[il-talk] BELL meeting minutes tonight next mtg 2/22/15

Patti S. Gregory-CHang Esq pattischang at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 02:03:48 UTC 2015

BELL Meeting 1/15/15

Amy Lund
Samantha Voll
Denise Avant
Debbie Stein
Charlene
Cathy Randal
Patti Chang
Glenn Moore
Bill Reif

Budget meeting on 2/2. Patti has a draft budget that she is working on.

Patti: Bill will ordered braille paper for the embosser. Amy needs to send Bill a document to try to emboss.

Hotel room and lighthouse are booked for Chicago and the flier is done.

Field trip ideas: beep kickball and line ball.

Gelnn: What about being on a trading floor?
Amy: I would only want to do that if there is a blind person on the floor.
Amy: Expressed concerns about this activity being appropriate for our wide age range.

Patti: Does not recommend watching a lawyer because she thinks it would be boring for elementary aged students.

Debbie: Chicago academy of science (taxidermy display) and the field museum (do 2-3 sections in depth)

Science and industry: multi media and modern

Service learning: reading to people at a nursing home or the children's memorial hospital

Lets keep the navy pier children's museum

Millennium park: feel the plants and learn about them

Patti: Amy and Samantha need to start communicating the the lighthouse about rooms we need on each day.

Volunteers: Debbie will be in charge of volunteers and we will accept applications in April.

Patti: Sams Policy draft is done and will go before the board at their next meeting.

Springfield:

The Y is a dollar a day per person and has a reasonable contract.

Next step: finalize the fliers (Amy has made a draft flier). Don’t distribute the flier until Patti says it is the finalized draft.

Amy: Are we still providing a parent component for the Springfield Program?

Patti: Can we do a day program if we can get enough kids?

Debbie: How many kids do we need to have the program?
Patti: Envisions 7 or more kids

We need to check the ISVI calendar for any conflicts. Bill will check this.

Field trip: Dana Thomas house with a very descriptive tour. There is also a model of the building that the kids can touch.

Amy: We have a gym 3 days. We have classroom space at churches. Big trip on Wednesday: take the train the Bloomington and go to the children's museum, then have a picnic lunch on the ISU campus.

Water park: late afternoon trip with the parents. The parents would do all the big trips with us.

We will not have a kitchen in Springfield, but we can do some form of cooking.

Amy will order the beep kickball set.

Next meeting will be on February 22nd at 7. The call in code will be 23555.