[il-talk] Fw: [Nfbmn-news] Job Opening for summer program

Robert Gardner rgardner4 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 18:14:35 UTC 2015

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: Jennifer Dunnam via Nfbmn-news
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2015 11:14 AM
To: nfbmn-news
Subject: [Nfbmn-news] Job Opening for summer program

And here is another, a job opening announcement for individuals to
work in the summer program.

Job Openings

PREP Counselor

Dates: June 1, 2015 through August 12, 2015

We at BLIND, Incorporated are seeking dynamic, enthusiastic
individuals to work as counselors in our PREP Program. This program
serves high school students. Applicants must be able to serve as role
models and share our positive philosophy regarding blindness. These
individuals must be skilled in the non-visual alternative techniques
of blindness that we teach at our training center. While being a
graduate of an NFB center is not a requirement, they should have the
same level of skill, self-confidence, and independence that we expect
from our graduates.

Required Skills:

* enjoy working with children

* be able to communicate effectively with co-workers and supervisor

* possess patience and the ability to work as part of a team

* enjoy teaching

* be able to read and write Braille

*  proficiency in using word processing, spreadsheets, , the internet,
and email using either the JAWS, Voiceover, or Window-Eyes screen
readers

* be able to write clear and concise reports on student progress

Note: All applicants must pass a background check.

For more information, contact Charlene Guggisberg, Admissions and
Special Programs Manager, at 1-800-597-9558 ext. 251 or email a cover
letter and resume to cguggisberg at blindinc.org.