[il-talk] a few questions

Kayla James christgirl813 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 20:46:12 UTC 2015

Hi Federationists, I am pondering a few questions today. First, is there
anyone on this list who has been a rehabilitation teacher or who knows one
who has gone on to open up their own center? Secondly, why aren't
rehabilitation teachers allowed to work with children under sixteen,
specially if the TVI probably can't work with them if the child is in public
school? And third, is it me or has anyone else noticed that there aren't a
lot of good fiction books with blind characters in them?

There's the blind pescimistic, "Being blind is absolutely terrible. I hate
my life. Why would a loving God do this to me?" Then the virtuous blind, who
is a martyr or held up with such great esteem that they could never do
anything wrong or be normal and can turn Braille books into magical cupcakes
to feed starving children in the ghettos in inner cities. There are few
blind role models in stories.

I'm just saying. Okay, I'm done with my ranting. You guys can talk now. Lol