[il-talk] free 411 services

rcubfank at sbcglobal.net rcubfank at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 29 22:05:12 UTC 2015

That is the one I've been trying to use. How do you get the system to
understand everything you say? I have done everything including yelling at
or to the system at times to get it to understand what I want.

this is why it would be nice to talk to a human. It seems like most jobs
like this and also telephone customer service call centers seem to be going
to the wayside. This doesn't bode well for blind people many of whoom work
at call centers all over the country. I told you  about Verizon yesterday.
In 2007, Marriot (who had a lot of blind employees) closed their call center
in Santa Ana. They gave everyone the choice to move to Dallass. I think only
a couple of people moved there. Some of them went to Verizon.

I'm not saying that it is impossible for a blind person to relocate, but,
for anyone (sighted or blind) who has a family, it isn't easy to up roots
and move to another city and state. It is very difficult (especially in the
middle of the year) for children to switch schools.

If that last comment was a little off topic, I'm sorry.

Rob Kaiser
email;
rcubfank at sbcglobal.net