[il-talk] free 411 services

Illinois Committee of Blind Vendors icbv at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 29 23:49:42 UTC 2015

Here you go I found this for Verizon:

411 Assistance
For customers who are blind, have low vision, a dexterity disability, or a cognitive disability Verizon Wireless offers Free 411 assistance. In order to be eligible for the Free 411 service Verizon Wireless does require appropriate information verifying that the requirements of the program have been met.

Customer’s whose disability significantly inhibits the ability to read a phone directory, dial a phone number, read a 411 text message response to an inquiry or remember a phone number may be eligible for the program.

Verizon Wireless requires that one of the following forms of acceptable information be provided in order to be eligible for the free 411 program:
	* A copy of an approved Social Security Administration claim stating in detail the nature of the disability.
	* A copy of an approved Veterans Administration claim stating in detail the nature of the disability.
	* A letter from a physician on letterhead, detailing the nature of the disability.
	* Copy of the driver’s license or state issued identification card that specifies the disability.
	* Copy of the letter from your landline carrier that verifies you are currently receiving free directory assistance from that carrier for your disability.
Please note that if the disability is not clearly stated on the information provided your request will not be processed.
Please print off our Free 411 program  http://cache.vzw.com/dam/aboutus/pdfs/411Letter.pdf to send the information and additional information that is required in order to process your request.

Or you can call customer service for further information.

I found this on this website:  http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/generic/phone+generic/phone+product/questions/customerswithdisabilities.htm

Thank you,
Kathy Ungaro

Illinois Committee of Blind Vendors
53 W. Jackson Blvd. Suite 502
Chicago, IL 60604

This message (including attachments) is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it without further distribution and reply to the sender that you have received the message in error.