[il-talk] Act Now to Preserve and Grow Transit Services in Illinois

Ray Campbell ray153056 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 03:10:49 UTC 2015

Hi All:

Last Wednesday, I attended a transit summit hosted by the Midwest High Speed Rail Association in Springfield.  This event featured presentations from community officials, business people, organized labor, higher education and others from across the state discussing how devastating Governor Bruce Rauner’s proposed budget reductions are to transit services across the state as well as Amtrak.

Midwest High Speed has put together an online campaign and I encourage everyone to get involved.  You can go to www.growillinoistransit.org, read about the impact of the proposed cuts as well as how important transit and Amtrak are to our state.  Then, click or press enter on the ‘Take Action’ link where you can email a message to Governor Rauner and your state Senator and Representative asking them to grow, not reduce transit in Illinois.

Again, that link is www.growillinoistransit.org.  The site is very screen reader accessible.  Also, please share with others whom you think may be interested.  Linda and Sue, can you share with both the Pace Suburban and City ADA Committees?

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Chair, Pace Suburban ADA Advisory Committee
ray153056 at gmail.com