[il-talk] Fwd: double spacing after periods

Glenn III gmoore3rd at gmail.com
Fri May 8 19:27:08 UTC 2015

Oh, people, don't change for other people...I for one think double spacing
looks and functions better to locate sentences in a body of text. plus it
makes sense syntactically to signify the break in a flow of words between
sentences, which are not gramatically linked like words within a single
sentence. I wasn't going to comment, but since others have; it's been a
long pet peeve to me that this went away, and journalists are biased,
because the real reason publishers don't like it is that space is money in
printing, so anything that removes space in a newspaper saves them money.
It's the same with comma rules that have gradually reduced the need for
commas (which saves space in printing, but makes sentences more unclear).

-Glenn Moore III
State Secretary,
(find our calendar at nfbofillinois.org/?page_id=158)
nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org>   "Live the Life You Want"