[il-talk] Windows 10 & JAWS

Robert Gardner rgardner4 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 16:22:02 UTC 2015

Just to let you know if you’re interested, I’ve upgraded my Windows 7 computer to Windows 10, and it works great with JAWS.

I’m using the latest version of JAWS 16, the upgrade that came out in October.  Also, I pretty much limit myself to the Office suite, E-mail, and Internet Explorer.

One thing to know:  the upgrade literally took hours, and I had sighted help to accomplish it.  I’ve heard of recommendations to use Narrator in this process but have never trusted myself to use it.

One final note:  I thought I would really miss Windows 7 which I’ve used for the last five years, but I think I’m going to like Windows 10 even better.  I haven’t worked out all the kinks on my computer and haven’t become a Windows 10 expert, but I was surprised how quickly I figured out how to use the new operating system.

Bob Gardner