[il-talk] chicago chapter meeting announcement

David Meyer datemeyer at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 7 02:48:21 UTC 2015

David Meyer, NFB of Illinois

Coordinator and Channel Administrator, NFB-NewsLine

The National federation of the Blind of Illinois Chicago Chapter will hold
its October meeting on Saturday, October 10. The time is 1:00 P.M. and the
place is the Exchequer Pub, 226 South Wabash in Chicago.

Are you interested in learning about adaptations made by others who are
blind to make a specific task easier to perform? Do you have a tip on
performing a task you would like to share with others? Have you acquired a
skill which enables you to travel better than you did after receiving
rehabilitation training? Our program will be a sharing of Tips and Tricks we
use when traveling, or when performing other daily living tasks.

There are also some dates to remember both for Chicago Chapter activities
and the state convention. Our state convention will be held October
30-November 1 at the Marriott Naperville Hotel in Naperville. If you wish to
preregister and take advantage of the early registration fee, you must do so
by October 16. If you wish to book a hotel room, you must do so by October
9. Finally, if you have a resolution you would like to have considered at
the convention, you must present it to Patti Chang, Resolutions Committee
chairman on or before October 16. Her email address is
pattischang at gmail.com.

Finally, we are looking for participants and donors for our annual
read-a-thon which will take place on Saturday, November 14 at Exchequer Pub.
So come one and all, bring a book, read that book and get people to pay you
to read it. This has been a very successful fundraiser in the past. Let's
all do our part to keep it that way.

If you have any questions regarding this meeting, please contact Second
Vice-President, Jemal Powell at 7 0 8-5 5 7-7 9 7 9.