[il-talk] Fw: [SSRN] Fwd: LeAnne M Mayne obit July 2, 2016

Don Gillmore don.gillmore at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 03:42:08 UTC 2016

From: Blair Alper
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2016 11:51 AM
To: skyscanner at uddle.com
Subject: [SSRN] Fwd: LeAnne M Mayne obit July 2, 2016

From: klezmer630 at comcast.net
Sent: Sat Jul 02 09:01:57 CDT 2016
To: mishpooche <mishpooche at yahoogroups.com>, blair at uddle.com, Bill Goodman <tom38025 at aol.com>, "goodman, seth" <sethgood at verizon.net>, "Goodman, Robin" <hrtofgld64 at aol.com>, "Goodman, Josh" <motolover0287 at aol.com>, "Goodman, Ashley" <aegoodman1993 at gmail.com>
Subject: LeAnne M Mayne obit July 2, 2016

Obituary of  LeAnne M. Mayne

LeAnne M. Mayne, 62, girlfriend for 16 years of Blair Alper of Ackley, Iowa (Scranton Goodman Branch), died of a heart attack in the middle of the night on June 28, 2016 at the Leonard Memorial Home, 565 Duane Street, Glen Ellen, IL. following a lengthy illness.

She was born Dec. 4, 1953 in New York City and left New York with her father Leonard when s he was three days old and was raised by her aunts in the Chicago area.  After the death of her mother, Virginia Bass, her father married Patricia Mayne of Springfield, MO.

LeAnne had lifelong medical problems. She was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes at an early age and was not expected to live past her 20’s or 30’s.  She was legally blind and also lost an eye at an early age.  She attended the Jacksonville, IL. School for the Blind.  She operated the Mayneway Vending Co. with multiple locations.

She was a dedicated member and donor of the National Federation of the Blind (NFB)  and attended many state and national conventions. At one point, she and her husband Jeff operated a pizza parlor in the Rockville, IL. area. She lived in suburban Chicago with Blair’s mother, Elaine Goodman Alper, until her failing health necessitated nursing home care and spent summers with Elaine, Blair and his sister Michelle at their Chapman Lake, PA. cottage for many years, missing the last trip before it was sold.

LeAnne was preceded in death by a brother, Michael, who was totally blind.  Surviving is her stepmother, Patricia Mayne, who was married to her father Leonard for 47 years until his death two years ago.  LeAnne donated her body to a medical research facility.  Blair was in the Chicago area attending the funeral of a mutual friend when LeAnne passed away.  He returned to Iowa today (July 2).

Our family extends our sincere condolences to nephew Blair and my sister Elaine on the loss of their very dear friend.

Uncle Al and Aunt Iris Goodman ☻

--
Sent from my Android tablet with K-9 Mail.