[il-talk] need help finding technology

Andrew Webb awebb2168 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 02:04:40 UTC 2016

Do you have a case open with the Bureau of Blind services? If so, I would
certainly expect that your vocational rehabilitation counselor would arrange
for your to be provided with a scanner and some sort of OCR software to use
with it. Those are pretty fundamental pieces for scholastic success, and you
shouldn't have to pay for them out of pocket.

Also, have you communicated with the office for disability services at the
college you'll be attending? They should be ready to discuss with you (among
other things) arranging for electronic copies of your textbooks so that you
don't have to scan everything manually.

Andrew