[il-talk] need help finding technology

Robert Hansen hansen.robert70 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 22:09:30 UTC 2016

I found that I had some resistance with NEIU when it came to getting
them to work with publishers.  I am old school, I have a grandfathered
in Learning Ally account.  Use that, Book Share and anything you can
find.  The more the better.  Are you still doing the television and
radio thing Kayla?

Robert

On 6/22/2016 5:03 PM, Kayla James via il-talk wrote:
> Thank you, Mr. Rosenberg. You're very kind and very helpful.
>
> On 6/22/16, Gregory D. Rosenberg via il-talk <il-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>> Kayla,
>>
>> I don’’t mean to add to the overwhelming amount of information. If you would
>> like to talk fee free to call me anytime and I will do my best to help you
>> sort out your challenges. As I am sure everyone on this and other lists
>> would also be more than willing to help.
>>
>> I will add you and your family in my prayers.
>>
>>> On Jun 22, 2016, at 15:56, Gregory D. Rosenberg via il-talk
>>> <il-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Kayla,
>>>
>>> You might also find this information useful.
>>>
>>> Students with a documented disability should have an easier time obtaining
>>> an audio version of a textbook thanks to laws that require accessibility
>>> to all students. Copyright rules can be bent in these circumstances and
>>> alliances between colleges and publishers have taken form to help these
>>> students obtain textbooks in their preferred format.
>>>
>>> Your college is more than likely partnered with Learning Ally or
>>> AccessText to ensure students with a disability have easy access to
>>> materials. Students who have a documented disability should reach out to
>>> their college’s Services for Students with Disabilities office for help in
>>> accessing audio textbooks.
>>>
>>> Learning Ally, formerly known as Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic, is
>>> the largest source of recorded textbooks in the United States. There are
>>> currently about 150K titles in Learning Ally'sonline catalog, and any
>>> title not available can be recorded on request. These files can be
>>> downloaded or put onto a CD.
>>>
>>> Other Sources for Audio Textbooks
>>>
>>> • The Louis Database contains information on over 400,000 titles in
>>> accessible formats for those with a disability, including Braille, large
>>> print, sound recording and electronic files.
>>>
>>> • Project Gutenberg has books in multiple file extensions, with some
>>> having already been converted to audio format. Another useful site for
>>> free public domain audio books isLibrivox.org.
>>>
>>> • If you can get your professor to adopt an open textbook, many titles can
>>> easily be made available in audio format.
>>> Also, don't forget you can grab a free audiobook at Amazon.
>>>
>>> Source: http://campusgrotto.com/audio-textbooks.html
>>>
>>> I hope you find this information useful.

>>> 708-444-2690 Office